Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air!


Have you ever waited, through the duldrums of winter... hoping against hope that each snowfall is the last? Although I love Snow, and have loved this season. .. Vacillating between deep drifts of fluffy white snow and endless rainy days, can make for a long, long Winter. Those are the days that I am thankful for the opportunity to spend time indoors...in a darling little Antiques and Home Decor shop called JB Winterberry.

Every time I set foot in the door it is as though the "pixies" as I call them, have arrived and sprinkled their magic dust about the place. Creating imaginative vignettes throughout the three store Shop is their specialty. There's nothing I don't love about the "winterberry shop" as many of the regular customers call it.

The owners are fantastic! Julie and Barb are a mother and daughter duo. They are both extremely gifted. Julie tends to work on the "big picture" while Barb specializes in the details. It is truly a wonder to behold. Each display is lovingly created. It is such an easy going atmosphere that they have created together.



I work with many wonderful peers. Ages ranging from 17-80. It is amazing what Women can achieve when they work together. I have never, nor will I probably ever again, work in a place where they make you feel so at home. They cater to the Emloyees! Birthdays are traditionally celebrated with a Harvey Wallbanger Cake....yummy... if you have never tried one you should! Not one of us has a bad word to say about any of the other women that work there. We respect others and truly celebrate each and every one of them.

I am so thankful everyday for the Breath of Fresh Air that I have as an employee at J.B.!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha -

I loved your blog! It's quite beautiful, too. I'll put your site in my favorites and check with you often. Thanks for sending some rays of sunshine to my home.
-Denise

Anonymous said...

Marth I loved all you picturs this is the coolest thing! Keep it up!!

-Dakota