Monday, December 8, 2008

Chromatic Christmas






Inspired by the Kim Parker painting I purchased this Summer. I tried to think about how an artist who sees the world in Bright color... might view Christmas. The Idea came to me to create some art of my own. A triptic of Trees in oil. The first was in Bright green with a Kim Parker like background... swirling color blending in to itself. The second was my version of a blue spruce...Deep blue green with an aurora borealis of color added behind. Reds, burgundy and oranges are the colors I chose to contrast that tree. The third was a whimsical green squiggly tree, contrasting background colors of bright pinks and purples layout the background. After I had completed these three. I had paint left on my palette so I made several small ornaments on 3x3 canvas. They are small but mighty paintings of " shiny brite" 's with colorful backgrounds . They are cute, I must add.

My thoughts moved to a way to pull this all together. I remembered my mothers old art box. I thought to put it out , complete with all of the 4o year old paint tubes. I scattered many colored ornaments amongst the tubes in the box. Displaying it on my coffee table. The idea being... from the box, the color of Christmas is born ( in my living room anyway).

I thought to put up a White tree. I added my vintage shiny brites in a chroma of color. I began with the solid reds at the base, pink red, to pink to purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, gold/ yellow, copper, brown. Topped it with a mirrored star to reflect the colors. All of this completes my Chromatic Christmas. Try it at home! You might love it! I have never seen one like it before ! Mark my words.... it will be all the rage in the magazines in years to come!
Always a little ahead of my time I am told.
Martha

No comments: